Pageviews last month

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Positive Moment...

So, this week has been hard but I am getting through. My insomnia is at a fever pitch. I guess that is because I have been so busy during the days that it is the only time I give the anxiety a moment to get to me. None the less, during tutoring today, Mrs. R, who is awesome anyway came by my room. Thus, I asked her to give it to me straight. I know the board is cutting over 200 teachers and I'm not tenured, so what are my chances. She said, "Ms. Turner, I can't keep you from getting the pink slip. But my opinion matters and I promise you will return". Now, this assumes that I want to return I guess. But it is nice to know that someone in such a high position believes I am a great teacher and will fight for me. It made me feel appreciated.

On an even better note, I had my kids do political cartoons today. I expected this to be like pulling teeth. However, I was impressed. My favorite was the drawing of a slot machine. Across the machine was a pic of the earth splitting, then a giant wave, and finally a nuclear sign. Above the picture read, Japan. Below the picture read, The Disaster Jackpot. Now that was pretty good.

Finally, I don't understand why people do things just to save face. I say this bc I am being pressured to attend the Bday party of a teacher I don't like. I mean, he really sucks and he has invited the whole school bc he is into himself. Now, my reaction to the invite was automatically NO. However, some of my teacher pals are going "just to check it out". This I don't understand bc not only do I not want to check out all the money he spent, but also I do not want to check out all of the old people from the school I really don't like. Therefore, my answer is still NO. I have a really HUGE Saturday and I kinda want to spend Friday mentally preparing. So, it isn't that I have a problem saying no, it is just that I don't understand feeling the need to "show my face". Ugh....I digress.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment