Pageviews last month

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oh, What a day....

People often ask me why I like teaching in my school so much. It really is a calling and it is at times rewarding. As stated yesterday, it is grad exam week which means, my classes, who aren't taking the exam are frozen. I have one class for 4 to 5 hours. The rewards I speak of come in strange ways sometimes but it always fills my heart and makes me smile. Here are some examples from today:
"Ms. Turner, Can I please spend test time in your class."
"Ms. Turner, I knew that answer because you taught that right before Christmas."
Student 1, "Ms. Turner, can I go to the bathroom."
Student 2, "I got it Ms. T. Negative Chief."
I'm walking to lunch and I hear: "What up Ms. Turner?" A student walking behind me to lunch replies "What up kiddo."
Last but certainly not least, I received 3 messages on my board today.
I Heart Ms. Turner
Mrs. Turner, will you marry me? Which is funny bc this child stays in trouble with me and does not realize if I were indeed Mrs. Turner, I could not marry anyone else.
Mrs. Turner, this DVD sucks....Raw honesty

Regardless of how I feel when I get there or how much some kids irritate me, someone in the building makes me smile. That is why I teach where i do. If I can be the reason that a kid with no hope starts to believe they can make it or that, and if they were here now they would say it for me, It does not matter where you come from, it matters where you are going, then I have left a small mark of myself in this life. That makes me feel good inside when I feel like nothing can.

No comments:

Post a Comment