Pageviews last month

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Testing and Zen Tarot

Well, I have never been more thankful for the hectic work weeks that I endure regularly bc there is nothing like being busy. However, with the weekend came some ups, some downs, and some strength. While in DC I had the uncomfort and pleasure of experiencing Zen Tarot. These are Buddhist based Tarot cards. They are really cool bc they mean nothing in general but they apply to everything. I'm not of the school of thought that believes anything like horoscopes or tarot cards are life predicting any more than I am of the school of thought that praying to a man in the sky for wealth will actually bring it. However, the cards provoke thought. Thought about yourself, your feelings, your core of being and any time we really begin to think, especially when the thoughts are guided by a specific topic or guiding thought, we are able to search deep within ourselves for new truth.

So, I have spent today cleaning, working out, and reflecting with the guidance of the tarot. It is awesome to feel as if you have the power to control you and it is scary to know that in this vast universe, you control nothing else. Knowing who I truly am and being at peace with that lets me know that I can bring good things into my life and that I deserve them. It gives me strength to know that I am good enough for happiness and I can have it through myself alone. It has helped me to believe and to trust myself to know where I belong. If you can't trust yourself, who can you trust. The person that I am is positive even in unpositive circumstances. The person I am loves the simple things in life. I don't need alot to be happy. The person that I am works hard not because of a paycheck or because of competition but bc I am living my calling. Everyone should be so lucky as to feel the peace that I feel when i am in my classroom knowing i am making a difference.

Therefore, I am strong, beautiful, and peaceful in this moment and this moment is all that I have. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment