Pageviews last month

Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break...

Day 1:
My day started as most in Atlanta do. Jackson was ever so eager to jump onto me and kiss me good morning well before I actually wanted to get up. Then it was time to decide on an adventure for the day and apparently Beluga Whales are all the rage right now. Thus, we were off to the GA Aquarium. There is nothing like being taught about sea creatures like you have an IEP by a 2 year old in public. Just saying.

After leaving the Aquarium, we came home to rest. Well, for Jack that meant going outside to play. This did however give me the opportunity to see Harper in her sweet little hat. She is adorable. While we are on the subject of Harper, let me say that I picked the wrong kid for which to be a nanny. She is SOOOO easy going. She is sleep training right now and is ever so happy to sleep in the pack and play while Jack, Molly, and everyone else never miss a beat around her. She rarely cries and she is content to play with her toys for 30 or more minutes already. Any of you who know Jackson know that it took me a month of 45 minute pat sessions to get him to sleep in his own bed and I would kill anyone for making noise. You would also know that he has NEVER learned to play by himself or ride in a stroller of any kind. Thus, they have 2 totally different personalities already and I was a nanny for the hard headed one.

Now there is the topic of potty training. It is not enough that I clap for Jack when he potties. He feels that I must participate. I now know that potty training is something that should only be endured by those with parental love. This, I do not have. All I can say is gross....On the other hand, he is doing very well. He does not have accidents and he tells you when he has to go. So, good job kid.

Finally, I took a nap today. I don't normally do this. However, sleep has not come easy recently and I was worn out. I am almost certain that I am going to regret it in the morning because I will not go to bed when I should. But hey, for today, it felt good. Tomorrow is Harper's adoption hearing and the judge is new so it is iffy. I am hoping for the best as it would suck to deal with the worst. If all goes well in the morning, I will celebrate with family before heading out to see Christy and Brandon. There are always times to be had there.

No comments:

Post a Comment