Pageviews last month

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm A Copycat....

My worst injury....

By far, if you discount my emotional injury in life, I would have to say that my worst injury came from being hit by a drunk driver. I was driving home from Carlynn's house around 8PM on a country road. I called my mom to let her know I was on my way. I wasn't a mile from Carlynn's house when a black, Nissan truck topped a hill on my side of the road with his lights off. I turned my wheel to try to miss him but it was too late. He hit the front end of my car. Since I had turned the wheels, I did not take the whole impact head on. He came down the side of my car. It is funny how when you are in the situation it is like slow motion. I remember my steering wheel turning and I couldn't stop it.(My  car was spinning) When I came to a stop, I remember feeling of my body to be sure I still could. Then I smelled smoke. So, I tried to jump out of the drivers side. The door wouldn't budge. So I climbed out of the passengers side. This large drunk man with blood streaming down his face walked up and said, "you hit me". I sheepishly said, "yes sir". He then walked away as I called 911. Everybody showed up and checked me out. At the time I seemed fine and I went home with my parents as the drunk guy left with the police. So, why is this my worst injury? Well, bc years later after suffering from back pain I was told that I have military neck. My bad neck was caused by a blunt(sp) force trauma. I blame the car wreck and I still have back problems and always will. So, this is my worst injury and also the reason I despise drinking and driving....

Now, the second worst injury came to my pride on Saturday. Soon after marching to help the immigrants in this country, SB and I attempted to leave a parking deck confident that our 2 dollars in change would get us out. Turns out, it had to be quarters and we had change but not quarters. At this point, there were a good 10 cars lined up behind us. So, SB looks at me and said, "You are just gonna have to get out and get some dollars!" So, I got out of the car and went car to car until I found a nice group of old people who traded my 2 dollars in dimes for 2 bills. I returned to the car shamed from panhandling to get out of a parking deck. SB placed the money in the machine and laughed her ass off as we drove back to Tuscaloosa. I will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment