Pageviews last month

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Admiration

I don't really admire any one person most. I admire many different traits in many different people. There are flaws in me and areas that constantly need improvement. I generally admire those traits in others bc I aspire to master them myself. Here is a brief list...

1. I admire Natalie's ability to love without having emotion ever cloud a decision and her confidence. She is that person that who rarely gets her feelings hurt bc she  is able to rationally decipher that the offender has an issue to resolve and simply attempted to take it out on her. She truly believes that she can accomplish anything and she usually does.

2. I admire my Mother's strength. She has been put through the ringer at times. Some of which are the result of her own flaws. But she always puts one foot in front of the other and finds a way to move forward.

3. Sara-Beth's intelligence, work ethic, and wit(sp). Now, I believe that I possess some these as well just not to the degree that she does. She is one of the smartest people I know and unless she is dying, she is working. The intelligence is genetic I guess but the work ethic is learned and you don't see that very often. She has perfect delivery of a one liner and is extremely funny when she chooses.

4.The open heart of Ms. Dixon. She has been a gift to me over the past year and is one of my best friends. I have no doubt that if I called her a 2am bc I was home alone and sick, she would get her 2 kids out of bed and come to my aid. Again, a rare quality these days and I am grateful for it. I would like to think I would do the same.

5. Last but not least, the leadership ability of Martin Luther Kings Jr. Everyone I teach with believes that I need to be in administration bc they see leadership ability in me. I definitely believe that I possess some skills but I don't have anything on him. I search regularly for the ability to lead my students down a better path, myself into a better me, my relationship into a better place, and my friends into greater bonds. Sometimes I find good paths and sometimes I hit walls I can't breach. MLK had the ability to lead thousands of people into marches where they risked their lives and never fought back. That is amazing. 

There are other things that I greatly admire in people but I am not interested in writing all day. Everything from the courage of activists to the loyalty of canines to the innocence of children to the free spirit of artists who don't know from where their next paycheck will come. But who has time for all that. I guess I need to go read a self help book now...

No comments:

Post a Comment