Pageviews last month

Sunday, May 22, 2011

So, this week will be my last week of school and I am starting to think I am more strange than most. This is because i am really not looking forward to it. I mean, the break from the kids will be nice but I am better when i have a routine and some security. So, moving into a summer with no real schedule and no job is not appealing to me. Therefore, i am trying to find things to occupy some of my time.

First, I am looking for a job. I have already started applying and hopefully something will come through quickly so that I am not anxious about it all summer. Second, I am going to make the gym a daily thing and on days when I have nothing else going on a two time a day thing. Third, I have signed up for some professional development. I am going to go to some training every week. This will take up a half to a whole day once or twice a week, boost my resume, and meet my requirements for certification renewal. Fourth, I am searching for a part time job a few days a week. It may come through, it may not but one can hope. Finally, once I have secured employment, I need to look for a new living situation. So, all in all I am trying to fill my summer with productivity on a professional level.

On the personal side, I am hoping to spend some time with SB and my family. Usually I move my things to Tuscaloosa and call it a summer. This year, I am not doing this which is weird but I am sure I will survive. So, hopefully some long weekends volunteering and hanging out will suffice. As far as my family, I think I have some training lined up in Mobile that will merge seeing the family and getting some work hours. Then there is ATL. I definitely need to spend some time getting to know the newest addition to the family. I feel like I don't know her at all and she is my namesake after all.

So, that is my outlook. I am not excited about the uncertainty or the lack of schedule or the lack of spending all of my time in one place. It really makes me anxious. However, I feel confident that my proactive approach to dealing with the negative will help to make it positive.

So, here is to a great last week with my crazy kids and a good summer to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment